[mythtv-users] will a database work if I change the storage setup?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 14 16:36:31 UTC 2008

On 05/14/2008 02:05 AM, Michael Truscott wrote:
> Let me explain.  I am about to install an extra HDD in my Mythbox and also
> take this oppurtunity to reinstall my system.
>
> Previously, I had used LVM to merge 2 discs and would like to move to 2 of the
> discs being added via storage groups.
>
> If I reinstall a backed up database will it cope with this level of change
> (different mount point, different location for some of the programmes) or
> will it all end in a mess and I'll wish I done something else instead as 18
> months of accumulated stuff is useless?

Yep, if you set up your storage groups properly (i.e. the best way is to
set up both directories in your Default storage group--which is the
group I'm assuming most (if not all) of your recordings are in).  See,
also, http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/334095#334095
(best bet, though, is to not change the hostname).

Mike