[mythtv-users] specific nvidia AGP card that can do HD playback?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed May 14 16:36:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:04 AM, David Schlenk <mythtv at schdav.org> wrote:
> > I have a KWorld ATSC 110 that works great except one of my frontends
> > has an nvidia 6200 that apparently doesn't have the chops to do HD
> > playback via XvMC. I've tried multiple versions of the driver and a
> > few different distros and it just won't keep up. So I'm looking for a
> > very specific recommnedation for a cheap nvidia AGP card that will
> > handle ATSC content. I don't really do any x264 content. Here's my
> > system info:

I'm running HD playback on an FE-only system with an Nvidia 128MB 5200 AGP
(outputting VGA to a 17" LCD), 1700+ Athlon XP and a gig of RAM with no
problems.  I'm running Mythbuntu 8.04 with a very vanilla install, I only
chose to use the Nvidia binaries during setup. I've never even opened
xorg.conf. I don't think your problem is horsepower related, I think it may
be a configuration issue.