[mythtv-users] HD material not displaying full screen. (SOLVED)

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Wed May 14 14:32:57 UTC 2008

Simon Levitt wrote:
> Just in case anyone cares...
>
> The issue was a compound of a couple of things: I'm running a Gentoo system on
> an AMD64 x2 in 64bit mode, and using a graphics card (Radeon 9200 based) that
> uses the x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati.
>
> After adding debug in various parts of the code I worked out the issue was due
> to calling XvShmPutImage with a source image width of greater than 1520ish, I
> finally found a thread with someone with a similar issue (namely the pink bar
> on the right) - It was very old, but it suggested upgrading the radeon
> driver.
>
> I decided to try adding ~amd64 to my package.keywords file for
> x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati and the following emerge upgraded from around
> version 6.6.3 (IIRC) to 6.8.0-r1 - and thats sorted it...
>
> Full HD, Full screen!... Excellent.

Simon,

Good to hear... I used to have a similar problem with 1080 content on my
XPress 200M-based laptop (though mine was only with the closed-source
driver...the open-source stuff has almost always worked better for me).
I know from reading several forums that /many/ users who have upgraded
to ver. 6.8.0 of the ATI X server have seen problems disappear; this
release really seemed to be a big hit. I read the dri and mesa
developers' MLs regularly and I feel it's safe to say they are more than
valuable to this community with all their hard work! </rave>

Cheers,
Jesse Burt