[mythtv-users] Duplication of channels, was Duplication of listings.

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Wed May 14 13:23:13 UTC 2008

>On 05/08/2008 03:02 PM, steve.goodey at bt.com
>>  I hope that this is relevant to this list, apologies if not. I
originally posted to xmltv-users and was advised to try a mythtv list.

>>  I have done a clean install of Mythbuntu 8.04, this is on a combined
>>  front/backend. During setup of the video sources, as well as picking
the
>>  tv_grab_uk_rt listings grabber, I also ticked perform eit scan. Now
the
>>  reason for adding the eit scan was to get listings info for the dvb
>>  radio channels. However this appears to have caused duplication of
the
>>  listing info for the TV channels, one set from the eit scan and
another
>>  set from the xmltv source. Going into Mythweb, MythTV channel info I
>>  have duplicate channels shown, one set using the onairguide and the
>>  other using the xmltv info.
>>
>>  Should I have done the listings grab first, exit out and then add
>>  eitscan as a separate operation?

>High level answer:  Myth doesn't support the simultaneous use of EIT
and
>a grabber for the same channel's listings.  You need to configure your
>system to only use EIT on those channels for which grabber data is not
>available.  (See mythtv-setup's channel editor.)

>Mike

Sorry, didn't explain myself properly. I am using xmltv for TV listings,
but EIT for the DVB radio feeds.

Did another clean install yesterday and in the program
guide/mythweb,settings,channels the TV channels are duplicated, live TV
does not show duplicates. After a channel scan in mythtv setup the
channel editor showed correct, the duplication happened after exiting
mythtv setup and running mythfilldatabase --manual, as instructed.

So, what have I done to get myself in this mess and how do I sort it
out?

Obviously I don't want to delete the wrong duplication in the channel
editor, how can I marry up the one the live TV is using to the channel
editor entry?

Just out of interest?! This is an example extract of my mythweb channels

Xmltvid			channum	callsign		name
freqid	other stuff	useonairguide
			1		BBC ONE	BBC ONE		.....
east.bbc1.bbc.co.uk	1		BBC One	BBC ONE East	1
			2		BBC TWO	BBC TWO		.....
east.bbc2.bbc.co.uk	2		BBC Two	BBC TWO East	2
			3		ITV1		ITV1
.....		X
anglia.tv.co.uk		3		ITV1		ITV1 Anglia
3	.....

Apologies for banging on and for the length of this.

Steve Goodey