[mythtv-users] Minimyth not streaming video

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Tue May 13 16:54:05 UTC 2008

Justin Gibson wrote:
> I just installed minimyth 0.21.0.50 on my Epia MII
> 10K and it is booting in about 2min. over my wired network into RAMDISK.
>
> I can view live TV, stream music, view photos ok. I can go into the
> Watch Videos and see all the videos (no artwork showing up) I hit enter
> it goes to the details, I hit enter again and LOADING {video name}
> appears. I wait, and wait and wait, NOTHING happens and I can't escape
> out of it so I have to do a hard reboot.
> Anyone know of a possible reason? Do videos not stream like live TV?
>
> Ummm....any more information I can provide?
>
> SYSTEM STATS:
> My backend is on an AMD64 x2 4800+ with 2GB Ram wired eth0 running
> MythTV 0.21 on Xubuntu 8.04
>
> The Frontend is Epia MII 10K with 1GB Ram no hdd, no CF, wired on eth0.

How are you sharing your videos between your server and your MiniMyth
frontend?

If you telnet into your MiniMyth frontend as user 'minimyth', kill the
GUI (killall mythfrontend) and restart it (xinit), then you will be able
to see the output from mythfrontend in the telnet window. If you do
this, then you might be able to find out why MythVideo is failing.

I suspect the problem has either to do with the videos not being shared
or with the videos not being mounted at the same place on your other/old
frontend and your MiniMyth frontend.