[mythtv-users] all recordings 1-2 min short

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Tue May 13 16:17:15 UTC 2008

In the past few days, something changed on my myth network.  I'm not
sure what, as I've been happy for a month or so now after a rebuild of
both the master backend server and frontend/backend combo "htpc"

Now all recordings are ending 1-2 min "early" ... I mean ending early
in the literal sense; a 30 min program records 28 min of video.  A 1
hour program records 58 minutes of video.   The time on both the slave
and master backends are correct, and synchronized regularly using cron
and ntpdate.   It's not as if a full hour is being recorded, but the
time is just wrong, so I catch the end of one program and don't get to
see the end of another.  The recordings start on time, but end early.

I'm not seeing anything in the logs that points out an abnormal
termination of the recording process.

Any ideas what I should check?

Gordon