[mythtv-users] How to tell which tuner was used

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 12 20:28:08 UTC 2008

On 05/12/2008 04:18 PM, John Veness wrote:
> Is there any way to find out which tuner was used to record a particular
> programme? I'm having occasional problems on some of my recordings, and
> I'm trying to work out if it's a particular tuner, or a particular DVB-T
> mux, or what.

TTBOMK, only by parsing the backend logs and looking for lines like:

2008-05-11 19:59:43.370 Started recording: The Simpsons "Mona Leaves-a":
channel 1351 on cardid 1, sourceid 1

or--if you have database logging enabled--with something like:

SELECT * FROM mythlog WHERE module = 'scheduler' AND message LIKE
'%Started recording%'

Though chances are your logs will go back farther (and I only seem to
have those "Started recording" log messages in the DB for recordings
from my master backend--but that could be user configuration error...).

Mike