[mythtv-users] ITV HD and Freesat

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Mon May 12 19:56:33 UTC 2008

I don't think Freesat are purposly preventing sky costomers from accessing
it, it's more like the standard sky box isn't up to it. BBC HD is watchable
of Sky HD boxes. However, h.222 does seem weird. I'd wait till it's formally
released before coming to any conclusions.

With the EPG, summary of talk on the -dev list:
EPG is standard DVB format, just using different PID values (not a problem
to change in myth)
The transmission is also compressed, although the compression is unknown
atm, it's probably zlib 3(from digitalspy's forums).

James