[mythtv-users] Unable to view channel 7

martyn at martyn.id.au martyn at martyn.id.au
Mon May 12 09:48:57 UTC 2008

G'day,
ive got a strange issue whereby i can browse and view every channel,
except for channel 7 (im in australia BTW)

I can do a channel scan and it picks up every channel perfectly fine,
including the 7HD channel, and 7 guide.
Its only when i go to view live tv on 7, 7digital 1, 7 digital 2, 7
HD, or 7 guide that myth locks up, and refuses to browse the channel,
before forcing me to switch to another

i have tried deleting out all of the channels out of the DB from
withing mythweb, before re-scanning for them again. I have also tried
deleting all of the channels directly from the db using

DELETE channel,program FROM channel NATURAL LEFT JOIN program WHERE
channum BETWEEN 1 AND 100;

None of which has worked!

if it matters, im running mythdora 5, previously running mythdora 4
perfectly fine, and have also made a mythbuntu  install which works
perfectly fine

i havent been able to find where the frontend is logging to, so that i
can check the log, so havent been able to get any further

any suggestions on where to head from here? as im not keen on re-doing
the myth install again

cheers

Martyn