[mythtv-users] Help - Cannot scheduled any programs - to record

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Sun May 11 23:04:55 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Looks like your system (one of them) is connecting to the wrong DB server.
>
> rm ~/.mythtv/{config.xml,mysql.txt}
>
> Then use mythtv-setup to re-create your config.xml.
>
> Mike
> _____

I only have 1 DB server on the backend, the config.xml and mysql.txt
look OK to be (posted below).

However, regardless of which host name I use (and making the appropriate
changes to mysql.txt/config.xml), I get the exact same results - i.e.
everything works except scheduling  to record  + nothing in upcoming
records).

Albert.

Here they are:

<Configuration>
  <UPnP>
    <MythFrontend>
      <DefaultBackend>
        <LocalHostName>agraham.g-b.net</LocalHostName>
        <DBHostName>192.168.10.1</DBHostName>
        <DBUserName>mythtv</DBUserName>
        <DBPassword>mythtv</DBPassword>
        <DBName>mythconverg</DBName>
        <DBPort>0</DBPort>
      </DefaultBackend>
    </MythFrontend>
  </UPnP>
</Configuration>

and

cat mysql.txt
DBHostName=192.168.10.1

# By default, Myth tries to ping the DB host to see if it exists.
# If your DB host or network doesn't accept pings, set this to no:
#
DBHostPing=no

DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

# Set the following if you want to use something other than this
# machine's real hostname for identifying settings in the database.
# This is useful if your hostname changes often, as otherwise you
# will need to reconfigure mythtv (or futz with the DB) every time.
# TWO HOSTS MUST NOT USE THE SAME VALUE
#
LocalHostName=agraham.g-b.net

# If you want your frontend to be able to wake your MySQL server
# using WakeOnLan, have a look at the following settings:
#
#
# The time the frontend waits (in seconds) between reconnect tries.
# This should be the rough time your MySQL server needs for startup
#
#WOLsqlReconnectWaitTime=0
#
#
# This is the number of retries to wake the MySQL server
# until the frontend gives up
#
#WOLsqlConnectRetry=5
#
#
# This is the command executed to wake your MySQL server.
#
#WOLsqlCommand=echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not se