[mythtv-users] How to delete encoders from mythtv database

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Sun May 11 19:46:15 UTC 2008

Brad,

Reading the docs at:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#advanced_backend_config

Confirms what you are saying to be correct.

Quote:
"The scheduler in MythTV checks whether an encoder is available; if a
slave backend isn't running, its encoder isn't available, so the
scheduler will look for the next available encoder. This makes MythTV
very flexible; slave tuners can come and go, and as long as there are
enough tuners for what you'd like to record it doesn't matter which
tuner in particular is going to be used"

In my case I have no slave back end's at all.

So why can't a schedule anything to record, also why is there nothing in
my "upcoming recordings", it's like some select is pointing to the wrong
value, but what ?

Albert.