[mythtv-users] From ATRPMS Fedora to Mythdora

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Sun May 11 17:14:08 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/11/2008 12:46 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
>
>> Mike LaPlante wrote:
>>

>>> So, its about that time again, time for a complete reinstall on my
>>> boxen. I'm currently running Fedora 7 and using ATrpms to get my MythTV
>>> packages. F7 is fast approaching EOL and I want to switch over to
>>> Mythdora for my installs.
>>>
>>> Before I do so I want to make sure I won't have problems restoring my
>>> database. I'm fairly sure Mythdora uses the same rpms from the same
>>> repo, and therefore the schema's should be exactly the same. But I
>>> wanted to ask before I screwed the pooch.
>>>
>>> My current plan is to follow this guide
>>> (http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7).
>>>

> That won't work for an upgrade.  See
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/332734#332734 .

Well, I just checked and Mythdora installed 0.21-185, which is the same
revision my Fedora install had. So the schema's should be the same
right? So I can do just those tables? I guess a full restore couldn't hurt.

>>>  I want to make
>>> sure restoring those tables isn't going to mess up whatever it is
>>> Mythdora sets up for me during the initial install.
>>>
>>> Also, I'm putting in some new drives and repartitioning, so as long as I
>>> put my recorded files in the same path everything should be gravy right?
>>>
>> Replying to myself for bump. I'm trying to get started on this today.
>>
>> Question Recap:
>> 1. Best way to get Fedora based mythconverg db in place after Mythdora
>> install. Do a full install then restore my backed up tables?
>>

> And do a full restore.
>

>> 2. Path issues, Mythdora uses /storage, my Fedora install used /video.
>> Can I change that in Mythdora somewhere? Just use a symlink? I want to
>> make sure the new Mythdora can find my old recordings. If I just copy my
>> old recordings to /storage will myth be able to find them?
>>

> I don't know about the MythDora questions, but if you have /storage
> directory (or subdirectories) specified in the storage group into which
> you recorded your shows (or, at least in the Default storage group),
> just putting the recordings into that directory will let Myth find them.
>
> Mike

Otay, yeah, Mythdora has /storage/recordings, so if I copy my recording
files to that directory and put /storage/recordings/ in the Default
storage group all should be well?

Thanks again.
Mike