[mythtv-users] Yes, it's overkill, but here is the list for my new machine in planning...

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sun May 11 10:21:55 UTC 2008

Henrik Beckman wrote:
> Similar to what I have but the E8400 where out of  stock so I went "crazy"
> and ended up with a q9300 and 4GB ram...
> Happy with my setup though.
>
> IŽd go for a bigger disk and since RAM i so cheap IŽd go for atleast 4GB.

4 gig?  That's massive overkill I would think.

My current box is only running a gig and it's happy.

I have bumped the memory up to two gig and replaced the video card with
an Asus that is not the shared memory type.

As for the hard drive, I've got a 500 PATA now.  I think I may put it in
the house fileserver and have it accessible via CIFS/NFS using storage
groups.