[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase 1hr time offset after 0.21 upgrade

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:48:11 UTC 2008

On 10/05/2008, David Greaves <myth at dgreaves.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Previously XMLTV grabs have worked fine - after a delayed upgrade to 0.21 last
>  week the listing data is now out by an hour.

-- snip --
>  I think the system clock is localtime (since UTC=no in /etc/default/rcS)
>
>  OS level date is fine. Myth starts to record at the right time - it just has the
>  wrong time in the program table.
>

>  In mythtv-setup I've got the 'local timezone' set to auto.
>
>  Any suggestions?
>
>  David
>  PS I've found countless difficulties wrt timezone out there from the early days
>  of myth up to relatively recent trac entries but no clear answer

I found that setting my system clock (and the bios) to UTC  solved the
problem for me.  Leaving it set to localtime always gave me problems
with mythfilldatabase.  I used

hwclock --utc --set --date="9/22/96 16:45:05"

Obviously you should use the current date/time in that command (I
copied that straight from the man page).  Also, according to the man
page, the date/time argument has to be in local time.

HTH

Ver