[mythtv-users] Not Recording to Second Storage Group

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sat May 10 11:10:48 UTC 2008

David Watkins wrote:
> I have two storage directories defined.
>
> /mythtv/store/   (default)
> /mythtv1/store/
>
> however mythtv is only using the default storage group for recording to.
>
> $df
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/hdc2              9920624   4011992   5396564  43% /
> /dev/hdc1               101086     14659     81208  16% /boot
> tmpfs                   257080         0    257080   0% /dev/shm
> /dev/hdc3              2972268   1429968   1388880  51% /home
> /dev/hdc7            296452864 292177708   4275156  99% /mythtv
> /dev/sda7            229119496  43791768 185327728  20% /mythtv1
> /dev/hdc5              1984016    396796   1484808  22% /var
>
> ..and has now started expiring recordings even though the second
> storage group is almost empty.
>
> Both storage groups show up fine in mythfrontend and mythweb
>
>     *  MythTV Drive #1:
>           o Directory: lyre:/mythtv/store
>           o Total Space: 289,504 MB
>           o Space Used: 285,329 MB
>           o Space Free: 4,174 MB
>     * MythTV Drive #2:
>           o Directory: lyre:/mythtv1/store
>           o Total Space: 223,749 MB
>           o Space Used: 42,765 MB
>           o Space Free: 180,984 MB
>     * Total Disk Space:
>           o Total Space: 513,254 MB
>           o Space Used: 328,095 MB
>           o Space Free: 185,159 MB
>

> I can even add recordings to the second group and run
> myth.rebuilddatabse and the recodings get added to the database and
> are playable.
>
> There's nothing of interest in the backend log that I can see though I
> haven't enabled any verbose options (not sure which ones to use).
>
> Anyone have any idea where I should be looking to fix this?  Is there
> some configuration option I've missed.
>
> Thanks

Do you mean you have two storage groups defined each with one directory,
or one storage group containing two directories? If you have just one
storage group with two directories then there is something wrong, as it
should be balancing the free space between the two directories.

If you have two storage groups (one default and another) each with one
directory, then things are probably happening as designed. When you
setup a recording rule you tell it which storage group you would like to
put the files in. If all your recording rules still say to put the files
in the default storage group, then the other storage group won't be used.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T