[mythtv-users] OT: ATSC/QAM Encode to distribute HD over longer runs.

Larry on the Dell Laptop larry at foxgulch.com
Fri May 9 16:50:10 UTC 2008

Getting the program content encoded in  ATSC/QAM format is just the
first step.   Then you have to find a box/board/appliance that is a
miniature TV transmitter that takes as input your encoded digital stream
then transmits this stream on say  Ch 22.     That output  could then be
pushed down your coax using standard cable tv technology.

But why not use wifi to distribute your digital content.   I'm on the
end of a six mile 5.8 GHz link that delivers my internet.   No license
required,  modest antenna size.   Made by Trango.  RJ45 digital input
and output, you'd need a pair of them.

LJ