[mythtv-users] Organize videos folders without having to redo metadata/posters?

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Fri May 9 13:32:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> > I didn't know that script would fix the paths in the database for local
> moves. Thanks. However, it caused a new problem. It created duplicate
> entries > for all files the have the .divx extension. Has anybody seen
> this?
> Is it a bug in the script?
> >

> Hmmmm No I'm not seeing the same problems, you could try manually removing
> them from the database and then running the IMDB bulk updater script
> again.....
>
> I run this in a cron every hour or so which the following command line
> switches.
>

> imdb-bulk-update.pl -N -Fileup -Exclude

For future reference, with the help of the script author I was able to
figure out what was causing the duplicates. Under Video Settings-->General
Settings there is an option for "Show Unknown File Types". When this is
enabled the video manager will add videos even if their file type isn't
defined in Video Settings-->File Types. Then for some reason the
imdb-bulk-update script is confused by these files that are in the database
but don't have a defined file type and it ends up adding two entries for
them. There are several fixes: 1) Add the undefined file types in Video
Settings-->File Types 2) Don't use both video manager and the
imdb-bulk-update.pl script 3) Disable the "Show Unknown File Types" option
4) Wait and maybe the issue will be resolved in a updated version of
imdb-bulk-update.