[mythtv-users] Oops - Anyone Succesful with AMD780G basedmotherboard?

covert covert thecovert+mythusers at gmail.com
Fri May 9 04:57:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Craig G. <craig at goranson.org> wrote:
> [...]

The 2 important sections in xorg.conf that seem to make mine work or
break are Device and Extensions. Try replacing your sections with mine
and see what results you get. You will most likely have to add the
Extensions section. Make sure the Identifier  tag in Device section
matches your screen section.

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]"
	Driver      "fglrx"
	Option	    "VideoOverlay" "on"
	Option	    "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
	Option	    "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
	Option	    "TexturedVideo" "On"
        ### Set to 1 - better , set to 2 for compability, and 0 for basic
	Option	    "UseFastTLS" "1"
        ### Experimental
	Option	    "Textured2D" "on"
	Option	    "TexturedXRender" "on"
	Option	    "BackingStore" "on"
        ### forced turned off so TextureVideo is used
	Option	    "EnableMonitor" "auto"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"

       ## For Textured2d and Textured XRender
       ### Listed in thread, but not used according to log on Xorg 7.2
       #Option      "Damage" "On"
       # Option      "Composite" "On"
       ## Should be loaded automatically, but for good measure
	Option	    "RENDER" "On"
       ## For Compiz
	Option	    "XVideo" "On"
	Option	    "Composite" "Enable"