[mythtv-users] Remote Control

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Thu May 8 18:04:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Kawayanan <kawayanan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't speak for the other brands, but I got the Microsoft one and it
> worked like a charm with mythbuntu.  Pretty much just selected it from a
> dropdown menu and it worked - I have since customized the setup though.
>
> Here is the one I got (though I got it through an amazon retailer):
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880100851
>
> It came with two blasters, and the receiver will accept any remote signals
> I think (you do have to set up the lirc files for the remote though).  There
> is a mythtv wiki page on these mce remotes too.
>
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>
> Kawayanan
>

> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 4:16 PM, nick <boexli at gmx.net> wrote:

> > -
> > >
> > > The microsoft media center remote is widely available.  Bought one
> > (with IR
> > > receiver) just last month!  (Same thing as the hauppauge remote, just
> > > slightly different layout.)  About $30, including receiver and IR
> > blasters.

> > I could not find anything about microsoft media center remote on the
> > lirc
> > side? where can I find more details - just want to be sure it works.
> > Thanks
> > Nick

I actually just got into my mail to pose this exact same question!

The MCE looks great for what I want to do, but I found it cheaper on
TigerDirect via this link on MS's site:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=065&active_tab=comparePrices

$34 shipped to Boston.  Nice and nice :)

Jeff