[mythtv-users] Problem with mythfilldatabase

Chris Darth_Sebulba05 at phreaker.net
Wed May 7 23:07:25 UTC 2008

---
Reply to Michael T. Dean @ Wednesday May 07, 2008. 06:42:20 PM -0400:

+ On 05/07/2008 06:21 PM, Chris J. Friesen wrote:
+ >   I am running a MythTV 0.20.2 setup on Ubuntu Feisty pulling listing data
from
+ > Schedules Direct for almost a year and it has been running great.
+ >
+ >   However, I'm not sure when it started (I only noticed it was happening
about
+ > a month ago), but mythfilldatabase doesn't seem to be checking for updates
+ > tomorrows listings and not updating the schedule.
+ >
+ >   I have attached the log file from my nightly cronjob.
+ >
+ ...
+ >   Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this and/or how to
+ > fix it?
+
+ I suspect the cron job is using the wrong arguments for
+ mythfilldatabase.

There aren't any arguments being passed to mythfilldatabase:

$> cat mythtv-backend
su mythtv -c "mythfilldatabase"

+ The /right/ fix is to let mythbackend run
+ mythfilldatabase for you rather than using a cron.  Doing so also
+ ensures it gets run at the time suggested by the provider.

I will give this a try and monitor the log and see if that takes care of it.

Thanks,
  Chris

+
+ Mike