[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Controlling an NSM CDR100 Jukebox from/with/for Myth.

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:30:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Shawn Rutledge
<shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I intended to write a FUSE filesystem, in which each top-level
>  directory would be the volume name of the CD, and if you read files
>  under one of those directories it would mount the CD and read it.

BTW there was commercial software, iXOS Jukeman, which did just that,
on Linux even:

however it is discontinued and apparently unavailable.  (doesn't that
suck?)  As I recall it acted as an NFS server so you could mount the
virtual "drive" on multiple systems.  This was way before FUSE was
invented, but I think FUSE would be simpler, and the mounted FS could
still be shared via regular nfsd.  Maybe I will still get around to
finishing that part...