[mythtv-users] MythUbuntu 8.04, Streamzap Remote and programming RED button to Delete recording

Larry on the Dell Laptop larry at foxgulch.com
Wed May 7 01:55:37 UTC 2008

Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-05 at 19:31 -0600, Larry on the Dell Laptop wrote:
>
>> I would like to have the RED button on the Streamzap remote bring up the
>> delete recording  menu in my new installation of MythBuntu 8.04.  Most
>> of the normal remote buttons ( example: up down left right) all work
>> but my attempts to program the RED button have failed.
>>
>> When I start mythfrontend in a terminal,  I see
>>
>> "2008-05-06 18:51:52.849 lirc init success using configuration file:
>> /home/lj/.mythtv/lircrc"
>>
>> The configuration file is actually a link   " /home/lj/.mythtv/lircrc ->
>> ../.lirc/mythtv "
>>
>> So in the directory  /home/lj/.lirc,   I find the file "mythtv"
>>
>> That file mythtv contains  the stanza shown below which was placed there
>> by me which reads:
>>
>> begin
>>    remote = Steamzap_PC_Remote
>>    prog = mythtv
>>    button = RED
>>    config = d
>>    repeat = 0
>>    delay = 0
>> end
>>
>> When the RED button on the streamzap remote is pressed,  IRW shows
>>
>> " lj at mythtv:~$ irw
>> 00000000000028e0 00 RED Streamzap_PC_Remote  "
>>
>> But when while watching a recording,  pressing the RED button does
>> nothing.  However pressing either "D" or "d" on the keyboard brings up
>> the "delete program recording" menu that I would like brought up when
>> pressing the RED key on the Steamzap remote.  I'm missing something
>> obvious, I hope...
>>
>> All suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>>
>> Larr
>>

> This is a guess, but should not the program be mythfrontend instead of
> mythtv.

I don't think mythfrontend is appropriate at least in Mythbuntu.     All
the other buttons (up down left right) that are working all have
"mythtv" specified.    For example, here is an excerpt from the lircrc
file for two buttons that do work OK. Note that they specify "prog =
mythtv"  not  mythfrontend.

begin
    remote = Streamzap_PC_Remote
    prog = mythtv