[mythtv-users] Best kernel image/config

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Tue May 6 14:58:52 UTC 2008

I've been struggling with a few things upgrading my myth to 0.21.
Mostly it's gone OK, although I still get tied up with compiling the
lirc modules.  <rhetorical>They don't change much, why aren't they
included in the stock distribution kernels?</rhetorical>

In any case, I am working on getting my PCTV HD 800i working and in
pursuit of that, I'd like to know if people use stock distribution
kernels or if they compile their own.  I am currently using a *buntu
distro and I'm up to Gutsy/7.10 on x86_64.  I'm currently using
linux-image-2.6.20-16-lowlatency as my kernel.  I've tried compiling