[mythtv-users] Commercials are never detected

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue May 6 04:08:42 UTC 2008

Gordon McLellan wrote:
> For the sake of completeness, I also ran a commflag job manually on
> the slave backend that actually does the recording, instead of running
> on the master backend which just provides storage and database (and
> runs about half the transcode jobs).   I encountered the same result -
> lots and lots of log with no errors reported.  At the end of the job,
> breaks were indeed found, in contrast with the initial "automatic"
> commflag job claiming no breaks were found.
>
> htpc at htpc:~$ mythcommflag -f 1006_20080505120000.mpg -v all,notimestamp
> (snip)
> 2008-05-05 13:00:04.412 MSqlQuery: UPDATE recorded SET commflagged = 1
> WHERE chanid = '1006' AND starttime = '2008-05-05T12:00:00' ;
> 2008-05-05 13:00:04.424 JobQueue: ChangeJobStatus(397, Finished,
> 'Finished, 3 break(s) found.')
> 2008-05-05 13:00:04.424 MSqlQuery: UPDATE jobqueue SET status = 272,
> comment = 'Finished, 3 break(s) found.' WHERE id = 397;
>

> Gordon

Once you ran this from the command line, did you check the program you
tested it on, to see if you could skip past the breaks it found?

If you could not, you can display the existing commercial skip list with
the --getskiplist option of mythcommflag.

If it shows that there is a skip list in the database, but you cannot
skip while watching the recording, maybe something is going on with your
max skip setting?  (I don't know where in the menu that is set)

If no skip list is in the database for your problem recording, I would
see if I could find one of your older recordings for which you said the
commercial skip list was working, somehow remove the commercial skip
list from the database (not sure how this can be done, short of using
MySQL, although I don't recommend this), and see if you can re-build the
  commercial skip list for one of your older recordings.

You have to remove the skip list first in order for this be useful -
otherwise if you don't, and then try to regenerate the skip list, you
won't know if the skip list was replace with the same values, or if the
values were there from before.

Looking at the available options for mythcommflag, nothing jumps out as
to how to remove existing commercial skip data already generated.  Maybe
  someone else knows how.