[mythtv-users] Organize videos folders without having to redo metadata/posters?

Johnny Russ jruss at MIT.EDU
Tue May 6 03:40:49 UTC 2008

Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> My children's videos in Mythvideo are getting a little unruly. I would
>> like to move the videos into some subfolders to make it more manageable.
>> However, I have IMDB data on all of the movies and I have added posters
>> for all of the videos. In the past when I have moved a video to a new
>> folder it is deleted from the database and then added again in the new
>> location. Is there a way to move a video to a new folder without having
>> to reenter the metadata?
>>

> I can recommend the IMDB Bulk Updater http://thepisanis.com/node/11
> If files have only moved within the directory structure, it only updates
> the file path in the database.
>
> Thanks again to Ryan who has put all his effort into this :)

I didn't know that script would fix the paths in the database for local
moves. Thanks. However, it caused a new problem. It created duplicate
entries for all files the have the .divx extension. Has anybody seen
this? Is it a bug in the script?