[mythtv-users] Controlling myth from the deck

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon May 5 23:15:48 UTC 2008

I have some speakers and wifi on the deck.  During the summer, I run
mythmusic on a frontend in the house, and pipe the music outside.

Controlling it is a challenge though.  Last summer I used a laptop, which
sucked.  You can't see a laptop screen in bright sunlight and running into
the house to change the volume or skip a track sucks.

Sunlight visible LCDs are way too expensive and completely unrealistic for
this, so I'm looking for something really basic; an old reflective laptop
would be ideal if I could figure out a way to hook wifi up to it....

Is anyone doing this?  If so, how?

--
Windows is like a canary in a coal mine, it's the first thing to die on
your network.