[mythtv-users] Saving mythtv preferences/setups?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Mon May 5 21:25:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:
> I have finally gotten MythTV working GREAT, after much
>  trial and error.  I was wondering, is there any way to save all
>  of my MythTV setups somehow?  I might want to further
>  experiment with changing to a different distribution, and
>  would like to bring back all of my frontend setups if I do.

might at well just compress /etc and save it somewhere convenient!
they're all text files so they compress REAL GOOD and can save you a
ton of time if you ever lose the system for one reason or another.  in
linux definitely /etc, /home/$user and maybe /var and /usr are things
i usually backup on all my systems.  the more systems and hard drives
you are running the greater your chance for failure obviously.  drive
failures are a common occurrence in our apartment (3 guys running
multiple system each) but they usually fail just inside warranty and
we do good backups so no biggie.  at least that's my experience.