[mythtv-users] Bug? Deleted programs set to rerecord when "max number of episodes" is set

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Mon May 5 14:12:06 UTC 2008

I think I've found a bug in the interaction between a recording rule
with max number of episodes and the deleted group.

I've got a rule (Dora the Explorer) set up with max number of episodes
set to 3. I have the Deleted group set up to keep deleted programs for
up to 7 days. When the scheduler decides to record a new episode of
Dora, it immediately auto-expires an episode from the Deleted group,
even though it hasn't been around for 7 days yet, and there are less
than 3 non-deleted episodes. The expired episode gets marked for
re-recording (duplicate=0) even though is was already deleted.

I think the main bug is that the max number of episodes code needs to be
modified to not count episodes in the deleted group. Alternatively, it
should not reset the duplicate flag when it expires an episode from the
deleted group.

Does anyone else see this same behaviour?

- Marc