[mythtv-users] Saving mythtv preferences/setups?

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon May 5 09:46:25 UTC 2008

Lachlan McIntosh wrote:
> Oh and your xorg.conf
> And .lircrc/.lirc
> And your alsa config file (whatever that's called)
> And probably a dozen other config files that I can't think of right
> now....
>
> Is there a definitive list of all the configuration files that myth
> uses/may use/may be involved with?

As far as Myth itself is concerned, the database is the main thing,
along with the mysql.txt file that stores the username and password for
the database (although I've got a feeling that changed in 0.21).

It would be difficult to give a definitive list of other things, as it
would depend so much or what hardware or other packages the user is
using, and the file locations may vary with distro. But other things to
think about include XMLTV config files (channel lists), and ACPI wakeup
config.

Cheers,

John

--