[mythtv-users] Encoder(s) Missing after Motherboard Upgrade

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:30:12 UTC 2008

I've changed the motherboard in my combined FE/BE running .21-fixes on
Fedora 8 from ATRPMS.
After the change, and after getting some other stuff fixed, it seems
that some encoders are missing.

I have two Kworld 110 SAA7133/4 based ATSC PCI capture cards. Both can
be seen in Myth setup, including
the channel list, and channels from both encoders can be seen in
Mythweb channel listings, but only one
of the encoders is used for scheduling recordings. The other seems to
be ignored. In Mythweb Backend Status,
only the multirec encoders from one of the cards is seen.

Because the ATI fglrx driver used with the AMD 780G chipset crashes
when any opengl thing runs, I can't actually
watch TV or even run the Catalyst Control Center, so I don't know if
they would be selectable from live TV.

I've gone into setup and deleted the cards and added them back,
reconnecting them. I've run mythfilldatabase
several times and run optimize_mythdb.pl but one card is still
missing. V4L sets both up as video0 and video1
as before, but i'm sure the PCI IDs are different.

Any Ideas?

Mark Goldberg