[mythtv-users] AT&T U-Verse VIP1200 STB - Blaster Problems

Patrick Kirchner patrickkirchner at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 01:43:11 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've had success controlling my AT&T U-VERSE VIP1200 STB using the PVR-150 blaster as described at "Mark's Braindump" here:

http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24

...but I only have one PVR-150, so I bought a CommandIR and am having a tough time controlling the STB.  I found what should be a good lircd.conf here:

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-Trying-to-use-irrecord-for-AT-T-u-verse-STB-p13509022.html

...but I'm getting very very intermittent results with each irsend command, maybe 1/20  or 1/40 work.  I've tried min_repeat with 4,5,9,20,40, etc and still it doesn't help much.  I have the emitter directly over the STB's receiver and it still doesn't help.

All I can think is that the VIP1200 I have is using a slightly different remote than the one that GregP recorded using an oscilloscope, or maybe it's a CommandIR issue, but I can record and control other devices  using it just fine.  Here are some pictures of my remote for reference:

http://www.perdignus.com/VIP1200/

I tried recording a new lircd.conf but get shorter codes than GregP and    they don't seem to work at all, they look like this:

begin remote

  name  blaster
  bits           16
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

  header        479   231
  one           152   656
  zero          152   337
  ptrail        143
  gap          97701
  toggle_bit_mask 0x0

      begin codes
          0                        0x50D0
          1                        0x50F1
          2                        0x5051
          3                        0x5051
          4                        0x5872
          5                        0x58F3
          6                        0x5053
          7                        0x50F3
          8                        0x5052
          9                        0x50D2
          power                    0x50D2
          exit                     0x5072
          back                     0x50D0
          last                     0x5059
          mute                     0x50D3
          vod                      0x5873
      end codes

end remote

I also tried recording the codes using an old PackardBell serial receiver but I can only get RAW codes with it.

I'm curious if anyone else out there is having any trouble controlling the VIP1200 STB with a blaster other than a PVR-150 (which uses the RAW codes).

Thanks much,

Patrick.