[mythtv-users] Problems with mythtv and Radeon HD video cards

David Gee david at allpowerfuldave.com
Sat May 3 04:19:33 UTC 2008

Hi

I am trying to get mythtv working in combination with an ATI Radeon HD
video card, without much luck. The card is an Asus Radeon PRO
2600/HTDI/256M, and I'm using the open-source radeonhd driver.
Unfortunately the driver doesn't yet support 2D or 3D acceleration. When
I try to watch tv using mythtv, the audio plays perfectly but the video
freezes, albeit with the occasional new frame every ten seconds or so.
This machine is hooked up to my TV, at a resolution of 1920x1080. I've
tried changing the video renderer in the mythtv settings, to no avail.

Has anyone else had any luck getting mythtv to work with the radeonhd
driver, or can anyone offer any other help?

Regards
David