[mythtv-users] Auto transcode not working

karl at mouse-hole.com karl at mouse-hole.com
Fri May 2 15:09:29 UTC 2008

Hi

I currently have a mythtv backend set up on my Debian Etch server, using a Nova-TD dual DVB-T USB tuner. I do not have a real frontend set up yet, so I am using a combination of MythWeb and MythTV Player from my Windows XP box. I have no problems watching TV, recording, commflagging (including automaticaly), skipping commercials, or transcoding manualy from MythWeb. However, although I select Auto transcode in the recording options in mythweb, it doesn't do it.

I have looked through the logs to see if I can find a solution, and am here as a last resort. I need this to work, mainly because (at least using MythTVPlayer) I cannot seek within a recording from a high bitrate channel. I also dont want to waste space having 2GB/hr from these channels. Nothing is mentioned in the logs at all about transcoding except where I manualy start it.

Please help!

Regards
Mouse