[mythtv-users] Theme Trouble

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri May 2 02:21:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried to setup the mythbuntu 8.04 theme on my debian machine, and
> now mythfrontend will not load.  I simply copied the Mythbuntu 8.04 folder
> from a machine that uses it into my themes folder on my Debian Etch
> frontend, and chose it from setup.  When it scaled the theme images as it
> normally does on a theme change, it did the normal two steps, but then went
> to my desktop.  I'm guessing theres something in the theme my debian machine
> doesn't like, but I'm unaware of a way to change that setting without using
> the mythfrontend interface.

Two ways:

mythfrontend -O Setting=Value

will let you specify any DB setting and value on the command-line or use
phpmysql or mysql command-line query tool to change the DB setting for the
startup theme in the database.  I would suggest using phpmysql or mysql
command-line to find the setting and use the mythfrontend option to change
it at startup to avoid any possibility of messing up your DB

Kevin