[mythtv-users] no channel lock - live TV

Greg Thomas Greg at TheThomasHome.co.uk
Thu May 1 15:42:41 UTC 2008

2008/5/1 Nick Petrik <nickpetrik at gmx.net>:
> Hi All,
>
>  I have seen many posts about this issue but no answers that would help me to get this issue solved.
>
>  I have successfully scanned the channels using MYTHTV. I also know that the card works because it works with other progs such as kaffeine.
>
>  But everytime I want to watch live TV in Mythtv I get the message telling me that I should have got a channel lock by now. Nothing more. Is there anything I might have missed? Thanks for your help / Nick

I have seen this, and not yet sorted out a resolution. However, I did
notice from the logs that MythTV appeared to be attempting to tune in
(to a DVB-T card) to a frequency that was different from that which
the dvbutils "dvbstream" wanted (though it's quite possible I misread
the logs). I've yet to investigate further to find the underlying
cause, but you might want to have a look at the frequency in your logs
and compare that to the output of t/c/sscan.

Greg