[mythtv-users] Upgrade Ubuntu 7.10 => 8.04

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:19:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have read about Josh White's problem with Upgrade Ubuntu 7.10 => 8.04.
> However, is there anyone that have done a *successful* upgrade with
> functional MythTV from Ubuntu's repository?
>
> --
> Regards
> Joacim
>
> I have similar problems to finlay. I upgraded my FE/BE of Mythbuntu 7.10
to 8.04 and two of my drives were PATA including my boot and it changed it
from /dev/hda to /dev/sda in the fstab.

I then tried a clean install and after it finished installing and restarted,
it incorrectly identified my boot drive in the menu.lst file. It tried to
pick from hard drive 0 instead of hard drive 1, or partition 0 instead of
partition 1, I'm forgetting now which one it was. Nonetheless, it kept
failing on the GRUB menu.

I'm back on 7.10 for now until I can get a free weekend to try again, now
that I know more what to expect.

On a side note, my laptop upgraded from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 without any
problems.

Greg Mischel Smith
KCMO