[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR further delayed?

Tim Coughlin tim at doze.net
Mon Mar 31 23:25:00 UTC 2008

George Mari wrote:
> Several tech news sites are pointing to a blog post stating that
> according to Hauppauge sales, the Hauppauge HD-PVR (High-def component
> capture device) has been further delayed until around the end of May or
> early June.
>
> http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2008/03/hauppauge-hd-pvr-component-video_29.html

In a fit of curiosity, I decided to call Hauppauge directly a few days
ago and ask if anything was going on with the production of the HD PVR.
I spoke with a salesman and she said that it would be shipping at the
end of May. This seems to confirm the info in Mr. Evans' blog.
Unsurprisingly, she didn't have any information on Linux driver support.
It is also possible that some folks already have prototypes of the
device in question. The reason I say this is that GBPVR recent release
lists new support for the HD PVR
(http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33735&highlight=HD-PVR). Oh
well, that's just my $.02...

-Tim