[mythtv-users] Finally using comflagging (wow!), have a few questions

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:31:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> Tom Dexter wrote:
>
>  > The work-around I was considering was to leave everything set the way
>  > it is; mark the shows that I want flagged in realtime for auto
>  > commflagging; and to write a simply nightly cron job that picks up
>  > everything else from the previous day using mythcommflag with the
>  > --allstart option.
>
>  A better option might be to set a user job that starts commflagging on a
>  recording and by default have it run after each job. Then on your "high
>  priority I want to commflag as soon as possible" programs, have that set
>  to automatically start commflagging as soon as the program starts
>  recording (your current setting). That way, those start ASAP and the
>  normal shows commflag once they are done recordings. That way you don't
>  end up without commflag on something that was recorded earlier in the
>  day until the next day and you don't run your processor all night all
>  full speed with tons of queued up commflag jobs.

Thanks for the suggestion Brad!  I could think of situations however
where that might not be ideal...that is...even if the flagging for a
show is put off until after it records, that could end up running when
I'd like to be realtime flagging a subsequent show thus slowing it
down.

Actually, given what/when I record and the volume (not to mention a
lot of it is commercial free PBS), doing them at night wouldn't be an
issue.

It occurred to me after writing the original post that I can have the
cron just use mythcommflag's --queue option so I don't have to address
as much in the way of logging/redirecting output etc.

Thanks again.

Tom