[mythtv-users] Failure in Grabber - Radio Times...

Jonathan Wood jonathanwood at clara.net
Mon Mar 31 21:00:09 UTC 2008

David Watkins wrote:
> On 31/03/2008, Stephen Kitchener <stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi  list,
>>
>>  2008-03-31 20:10:28.359 FAILED:  xmltv returned error code 65280.
>>  Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>>
>>  Please can let me know if anyone knows if the  channels file has been changed
>>  or corrupted.... and if there is a way to work around it if this is so...
>>
>>  Or maybe some one know if it will be fixed soon or perhaps I might have to
>>  update my xmltv bits..
>
> I've just noticed that tv_grab_uk_rt has failed for me the last three
> days, but I'm getting this:
>
> Retrieving channels:  23% [======================
>        *                                          ]0m00s Left
> Duplicate channnel ID '22' seen in RT channels.dat, aborting at
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 398.
>
> which looks slightly different to you.
>
> I'm going to see if I can improve things by deleting one of the
> channels in my lineup.

I think this is a problem with this file:

http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat

The channels seem to be listed more than once (was twice when I found
this the other day, but now appears even more)

Prob can put a fix into tv_grab_uk_rt to get round this, but hopefully
someone at RT will fix this soon,

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Wood