[mythtv-users] mythgallery and videofiles

Dart Moory dart5325 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 17:28:17 UTC 2008

Hi all!
I have found next problem with mythgallery.
When I am browsing DVD's with collections of pictures and videos (.avi) with mythgallery and the filenames of video files contain a dot (for example, Summer.2006.avi) they will not be played. Also there are no thumbnails for these files, just black squares.
There is no problem with .jpg, only with video files.
The problem disappears when I copy any file to HDD and rename it.
But most of my files are on DVDs and can not be renamed.

I use Ubuntu 7.10 and all mythtv packages were installed from the official Ubuntu repositories. As player for video files I use mplayer, command "mplayer -fs %s".

Is it general problem or just my?
Is it possibly to resolve this problem?

Thank you.
Dart.