[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend causing Fatal Systems Crash

Nathan dummy269 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 00:51:25 UTC 2008

I had a similar issue, which I was "sure" was due to mythbuntu.  However, after the motherboard failed, and I moved everything but that and the CPU to another box it has been up and running for several days now.  So for me it was either hardware or how the IRQ (or whatever else) from the setup on the failed box.  If yours recently started failing and nothing was updated, I would go with hardware failure.

Folk on this list gave a few suggestions to help my diagnose my system and the best was to download the ultimate boot cd.  It has a few tools like memtest and many others that I did not try.  Or the mythbuntu live cd has memtest too.

Good luck.

Nathan.