[mythtv-users] Autoexpire with 3/4 disks 100% full, what happens?

Niklas Brunlid prefect47 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 19:47:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

My backend has four disks with recordings, and up until 0.21 I used
the copy-and-symlink method of keeping free space on the one I was
recording to, so three of the four disks are usually 100% full, with
<100MB free.
Ever since I started using MythTV, I've run with autoexpire turned
off, or at least with "minimum free space" set to 0. I don't like the
idea of my PVR automatically deleting stuff, and here in Sweden you
usually don't have the same show on multiple channels, so once a
specific episode has been shown it can easily take years until it's
shown again.

With storage groups, I'm concerned about entries like these in the backend logs:

2008-03-30 21:27:11.841 AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free
Space: 2.0 GB w/freq: 15 min