[mythtv-users] Anatomy of the Guide (EPG)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 30 12:53:08 UTC 2008

On 03/30/2008 08:36 AM, Justin Gibson wrote:
> * Hi all!  Does anyone know the anatomy of the EPG?
> I've taken screen shots of the TWC guide from my old cable box and
> want to duplicate it, reason being? It is superior to all others /as
> far/ as cleanliness and readability.
>
> So to explain further, what is what in the XML file and what does it
> translate to in what we see?   I have read a lot about making themes,
> but they do not cover the EPG. Any help would be much appreciated!

It's mostly C++, not XML, controlling the guide's layout and structure.
May change in 0.22 or above as mythui is incorporated into that screen.
It's possible, also, that when it does change, users may be able to
modify it (not only layout/structure/design, but also how it functions)
through QT4's QtScript.  That part, though, may be farther out than 0.22
(unless, of course, someone submits a patch in time for 0.22 :).

Mike