[mythtv-users] mythvideo & multiple directories

Bill level42 at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 30 02:57:32 UTC 2008

I currently have my video collection in one directory using LVM2.  I would
like to dispense with LVM2 since adding and removing drives is rather time
consuming when storage needs to be added (I usually remove one drive,
replace it with a larger one)

I know that I can add multiple directories in the settings (ie.
/myth/video:/myth/video1).  But when I try this, I get a folder icon in the
gallery view for the directory "myth", which then has an icon for the
"video1" folder then with all the videos in /myth/video1 under it.  I would
rather the /myth/video1 folder be transparent, ie not shown in the gallery
view as if the files where all under /myth/video. In other words I would
like the mulitple folders to behave like I have it now with LVM2.

Am I missing something in the settings? Is this possible?  Or would a code
patch be needed.

Thanks