[mythtv-users] LIRC and IR receiver from irblaster.info

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 00:40:32 UTC 2008

> i) not having the LIRC modules (lirc_serial and lirc_dev in your case)
> loaded/installed before starting lircd, in which case
>
> # modprobe lirc_serial
>
> should sort this out, if the loadable modules are installed. You
> should also make sure you have either in-kernel support for these LIRC
> devices (if using a very recent kernel) or the correct LIRC kernel
> modules installed on your system.
>
> Just wanted to add that with Fedora 8 the latest kernels come with the
lirc_serial kernel module, but it doesn't seem to work with the irblaster.
Axel was kind enough to build his lirc-kmdl packages, which fixes the
problem.  I haven't tried with the very latest kernel that came out this
week, but I know the problem existed with the previous kernel (2.6.24.3-34).
So, I'd recommend that you install the lirc-kmdl packages for your current
kernel before doing the 'modprobe lirc_serial'