[mythtv-users] playback color saturation

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 29 17:44:56 UTC 2008

On 03/29/2008 01:32 PM, Philip Baltar wrote:
> I've got an MX440 on Mythbuntu.  It sounds like I'm supposed to have XV
> controls, but I don't know how to enable it.  I tried the Overlay option in
> xorg.conf, but it said that it only works for Quattro cards.

In Myth's frontend settings under TV Playback settings:

Enable picture controls
If enabled, MythTV attempts to initialize picture controls (brightness,
contrast, etc.) that are applied during playback.

You must be using the Xv renderer for this to work, though.  (I'm
guessing you will as your card won't keep up with OpenGL rendering.)

Mike