[mythtv-users] Transcoding DVD's, audio/video sync

Marcus Bryner marcus at docbryner.com
Sat Mar 29 16:36:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Import DVD option, using the standard transcode
settings.   When I rip to ISO everything is fine, except of course I get a 4
Gb fine.   As soon as I transcode, the audio gets about 1/2 sec ahead of
video playing back w/ mplayer through mythtv.   I can manually playback w/
xine and adjust the audio sync by pressing "n" a few times, but why isn't it
encoding correctly to begin with??   Thanks!

Marcus