[mythtv-users] pvr-150 occasionally swaps /dev/video1 to /dev/video0

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 17:37:44 UTC 2008

I have two capture cards in my mythbox:

pchdtv-3000, which has been in the box for a while but which  I just recently got working and configured,

Happague PVR-150, which is my main recording inteface. It is addressed as /dev/video1

Whenever the HDTV-3000 is installed, and configured, something odd happens -- often but now always -- after a system reset. The Happague card kind of disappears on me. Specifically, the configuration listing swaps from /dev/video1 to /dev/video0. It's like the binding between the database information and the hardware gets lost.

The fix is easy; I turn off mythbackend, bring up mythtvsetup, and go to the Capture Cards listing for the Happague. The config page will show /dev/video0, and list the hdtv-3000 card as hardware it's seeing. I just need to switch /dev/video0 to /dev/video1 and I'm back in business.

Anyone else see this? Is there a way to keep this from happening?

--
http://home.comcast.net/~stefan_jones