[mythtv-users] Gray OSD fonts

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:03:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> The Gray-OSD theme comes with DejaVuSans fonts. (Look in the directory
> that contains the theme.) Make sure these are intalled.

OK, how does one install them?

I tried adding /usr/share/mythtv/themes to /etc/fonts/local.conf

I can do fc-list | grep -i deja and it shows

DejaVu Sans:style=Oblique
DejaVu Sans:style=Bold
DejaVu Sans:style=Book

However, if I do xlsfonts | grep -i deja I get nothing.

I tried adding /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Gray-OSD to the FontPath in
xorg.conf but it gives an error about no fonts.dir file.

How do you install fonts?

btw I am using gentoo, mythfrontend --version gives ...

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16658
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_frontend using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads