[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Mar 28 15:55:27 UTC 2008

Or use a DVI recorder without DHCP and a DHCP compliant DVI splitter to drive
it.  I used one of these splitters to drive an old non DHCP DVI projector
from a new HDMI DVD player, until the projector blew up.

It can be done and the products to do it have been made.  Like someone said,
the industry is just pissing off their customers without stopping
professionals from doing all the copying they want.  This just makes people
mad and I am guessing some of them get mad enough to put as much copy
protected material on the web as possible.

Look, back with VCRs, you could copy a movie.  Maybe you copied two movies
just because you could.  Then you never watched them and quit doing it.
Just too much trouble compared with the $3 to rent them.  Why bother.

Now, I have to turn on my projector before the DVD player or it won't work.
What a pain.

Allen